Ashton Manor is located in South Lancaster and is a 67 bed, state of the art care home. We care about our residents and helping everyone to lead an active, safe and secure life is our goal. This is a weekend only role offering an hourly rate of £9.50-£10.50 depending on your experience.
At Evermore Care, we believe in delivering meaningful person-centred care to our residents, while ensuring our team are offered ongoing opportunities for professional and personal development.
Ashton Manor boasts a modern working environment and lives by Evermore Cares vision and values: Wellbeing, Respect, Community and Freedom.
We are looking for a weekend receptionist to joining the expanding team at Ashton Manor. The Receptionist will ensure all visitors to the home are welcomed, provide refreshments, ensure telephone calls are handled in a timely manner and provide support to the management team.
We are looking for someone that has excellent IT skills, good attention to detail and someone who is extremely customer focused.
What we can offer you:
· A supportive and friendly company
· A chance to be part of a programme of continuous improvement by training, development and providing a career path for each individual.
· Access to a range of training and qualifications
· Company Workplace Pension Scheme
· Refer a Friend scheme
· Salary above minimum wage
· On site parking
· Set shift patterns on a two-week rolling rota
· Uniform is provided
· DBS is free of charge
· Staff meals are provided
· Acting as first point of contact for all visitors to the home
· Delivering excellent customer service to residents, visitors and contractors
· Support the home manager and administrator with clerical duties such as printing, filing and data recording
· Dealing with enquiries, assisting with show rounds of the home and sales
· Answering the door bell, meeting and greeting visitors
· Assist with ordering
· Coordinate training for staff and monitor outstanding training
· Prepare new resident paperwork and new resident welcome packs
· Maintain communication with resident families with email / phone call updates when required
· Coordinate resident visits to the home
· Keep resident records up to date, such as contact details & paperwork
· Daily communication of pictures & videos to residents’ families
Desirable Skills & Qualities:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Previous administration experience would be desirable
· Confident and energetic
· Working knowledge of computers, technology systems and Microsoft Office packages
· Knowledge of working in a care environment would be advantageous
· Have a ‘can do’ and positive attitude
· Good time management and organisational skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and independently
Evermore Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.