Senior Carer – Night Shift
Ashton Manor - Full Time
You're a great fit for this role if you:
When you join Ashton Manor Evermore Care, whatever your role, you become part of a family of committed people – who are all pulling together to make a positive difference to our residents’ lives. It’s challenging at times, but never dull. You will receive a lot of support from colleagues and training to develop and gain new skills. Most of all, we help you reach your full potential and build a worthwhile, rewarding career.
What you will do:
- Lead, manage, co- ordinate and supervise the work of a team of Care Service Assistants.
- To assist with recruitment, the induction training of new staff, and training and development of existing staff to ensure that a consistent, safe and high-quality service is delivered.
- You will be responsible for administering medication, identifying deteriorating residents and directing care.
- To carry out all activities relating to a resident’s physical, personal, emotional and social wellbeing as outlined in the individual residents Care Plan, using a person- centred approach.
- Responsible for the general supervision of the home in the absence of management. In conjunction with the Registered Manager and Deputy Manager, to contribute and support the effective management of the home.
- Liaise with healthcare professionals, doctors, advocates, social workers and families of the residents.
- Adhering to professional standards, following Company policies and procedures and the regulatory requirements provided by the Care Quality Commissioning Group.
Who you are:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care with the ambition to achieve Level 3.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a care home.
- Previous experience of administering medications and leading a team of carers.
- You will have experience in supervising, motivating and leading a team of staff.
- Flexibility to work shifts.